Leadership for a Global Society
Leading Your Organization in an Interconnected World
As a Federal leader, you must address the international implications of every major issue you face. Whether you're working on trade or transportation, law enforcement or land management, education or the exploration of space, global considerations influence the decisions you make.
In this program offered by the Federal Executive Institute (FEI), you will assess the role of the United States in the world and explore the institutional and policy framework that supports our interactions with other countries. You will focus on best practices in dealing with issues having international implications, the negotiation and teamwork skills that have proven to be the most effective in global interactions.
Focusing on political and economic realities, you will deepen your understanding of these factors through case studies, small-group exercises and discussions. These skills will help you examine and understand the shared values as well as the conflicting priorities that shape our world.
How will you benefit?
- Understand the institutional structure of international relations
- Recognize the global issues critical to your organization's mission
- Appreciate the importance of global considerations in day-to-day decision-making
- Learn to balance your responsibilities with the international issues affecting them
- Build a network of Federal colleagues who share your interest in the international aspects of Federal leadership