FEI Handbook and Leadership for a Democratic Society Information
LDS Payments, Substitutions & Cancellations
Tuition includes all educational services, materials, meals, and lodging. Meal service includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and break service (coffee, tea, juice, morning and afternoon snacks, and fruit). Lodging includes single occupancy (private guest room) accommodations.
Incidentals such as dry cleaning, entertainment, tips, and the like are not included in the tuition.
Payment Due Date
Payment is due six weeks prior to the start of the program. However, FEI will not invoice and/or bill federal participants until the second full day (Tuesday) after the program start.
Accepted Payment Types
Payment can be made using any of the following methods*:
- Credit Card**
- Agency Purchase Order
- SF-182 - The intent of the SF-182 was to approve and record completion of employee training - not for use as a procurement document. However, agencies can and may choose to use the SF-182 to procure training.
- Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR)
- Interagency Agreement (IAA)
- Agency/Company Check**
* Intra-Governmental Payment and Collection (IPAC) is used to process all tuition payments from federal agencies sending students to the LDS program. IPAC provides a standardized interagency fund transfer instrument for Federal Program Agencies (FPAs). IPAC facilitates the intragovernmental transfer of funds from one agency to another with standardized descriptive data.
** Non-federal employers, to include Private Sector, International, State and Local governments must use one of these methods of payment.
Information needed to streamline the IPAC payment process
In order to be used as a procurement document for payment processing, the SF-182 must include all of the following information*:
- Complete Appropriation Fund/Line of Accounting
- Document/Purchase Order/Requisition Number (e.g. IAA Number, MIPR number, P.O. Number, etc.)
- Agency Locator Code (ALC)
- Treasury Account Symbol (TAS)
- Fiscal Station Number (FSN) – DoD agencies only
* If paying with a government purchase card, the SF-182 only needs to include the name, email address, billing address, and phone number of the card holder.
* All DoD agencies paying with a MIPR, the SF-182 must be accompanied by a copy of the MIPR in order for an IPAC to be processed. Upon receipt of the MIPR, a signed MIPR Acceptance will be provided.
Cancellations, substitutions, and/or deferrals must be submitted in writing six weeks prior to the start of each Leadership for a Democratic Society program. Due to program demand and the volume of pre-program preparation, cancellations, substitutions, and/or deferrals are handled using the following:
- Qualified substitutions must be submitted at least six weeks prior to the start of the LDS Program.
- Requests to release allocated enrollments from one LDS Program shall be submitted no later than six weeks prior to the start of the LDS Program and granted only if the vacated space can be resold.
- Requests to transfer allocated enrollments from one LDS Program to another LDS Program within the same fiscal year shall be submitted no later than four weeks prior to the start of the LDS Program.
Updated 13 June 2017